28 Dec Free fishing day trip
Sun Healthcare is offering a free fishing day out to anyone supported by our organisation – this includes all residents of our homes and clients who we support in the community.
Date: Tuesday 22nd May
Time: Fishing from 10am to 2pm, BBQ afterwards
Location: Sandhill Lake, Worksop
This very special experience has been organised by Roger Stocks to give people a taster of the benefits of fishing. All equipment will be provided.
Each participant will receive a 20-30 minute fishing session with an experienced fishing coach. They’ll learn how to bait a line, cast and catch fish – this will be a fun, hands-on experience.
After you have worked up an appetite we will have a BBQ at the nearby Waterfront Pub and we’ll present medals to all participants.
Who is it for
Anyone supported by Sun Healthcare can take part in this event, including residents of Shaftsbury House, Havenfield Lodge, Tapton Grove, Jubilee Court and St Margaret’s. Clients of our community support and supported living services can also participate.
NB. If you are not a Sun Healthcare client, but are the Support Worker of someone with a disability, please register your interest with firstname.lastname@example.org and if we have any spaces remaining we will be in touch.
Need to know – information for Support Workers
– Support Workers wishing to bring a client to this event please register online via our Facebook page or Eventbrite for your client’s free place so we know how many people are coming, we only have limited spaces
– We’ll provide all fishing equipment and will allocate your client a time slot for their coaching session
– You’ll need to plan some activity for the rest of the day when you aren’t fishing. Options include a walk around the lake, a picnic, a trip into the nearby town centre or you can watch the other participants fishing
– We’ll have a BBQ at the end of the day at 2pm at the nearby Waterfront Pub, all participants will be presented with a medal
– You’ll need to arrange your own transport – but speak to Roger or Gareth if you are local to Barnsley to see if there is space on our minibus
– There are 2 fully accessible wheelchair pegs so mobility isn’t an issue.
– If you have any questions please get in touch with Roger Stocks on 01266 786 611 or email email@example.com